CAMPING AT COOPER’S LANDING
Cooper’s Landing Campground is the perfect place to rest after a day on the river or the Katy Trail. This historic riverside retreat is shaded by giant sycamores and cottonwoods, with an understory of maple, elm, box elder, willow, and mulberry trees. We offer tent and RV camping sites, with an adjacent marina and country store with ample supplies.
Our South Campground is nestled between the Katy Trail, the Missouri River, and the Cooper’s Landing store. This area is perfectly situated for maximum social interaction and proximity to the store, river and social events. Electric service is available.
Our North Campground is directly adjacent to the Katy Trail and near the Missouri River. It has the advantages of being a bigger area and more secluded. It is perfect for larger groups of campers. Both campgrounds are available for special events like arts and crafts festivals, family reunions, weddings and receptions. Catering can be arranged.
- The Cooper’s Landing Store offers ice, firewood, snacks, soft drinks, beer, wine coolers and wine.
- Wireless internet service is available in the store.
- Laundry facilities and showers are currently out of commission, but will return better than ever next spring!
- Free air hoses, water faucets and water hydrants are located on the outside of the store and are available 24 hours a day.
- We maintain four clean outdoor port-a-potties (ADA-compliant)
- We have firewood available for $10 per bundle.
RV CAMPSITE INFORMATION
- RV sites have 20-amp and 30-amp electric hookups.
- Water is available by hooking up a hose to a nearby water hydrant. Some sites require up to 50 feet of hose.
- There are no sewer hook ups at the short-term RV sites. There is no sewer dump station on the premises.
- There are no fire rings at the RV sites, but we are happy to share our fire in front of the store with you.
For RV sites, reservations are recommended. Because the number RV sites are limited, full, non-refundable payment is required with your reservation. No refunds will be issued.
Tent campsites are first-come, first-served for small groups of up to 3 tents. Reservations for larger groups of tent campers may make a reservation by calling 573-657-1299.
- $10 per person for tents
- $40 motorhome or camper trailer
- $30 per pop up camper (reservations recommended)
- $15 for picnic site
Call 573-657-1299 after 4 pm for reservations or more information.
If you arrive late, please observe quiet hours and do not disturb other campers!
- TENT CAMPERS: Please park cars between yellow rope fence and Smith Hatchery Road near your campsite; do not park your car in the campground. Set up your tent near a fire ring, and check in with the office in the morning.
- RV CAMPERS: If you arrive after the store and office are closed, please pull into the main entrance and up to the pole next to the dumpster. You will find electrical hookups on the pole. We will help you move to a regular RV site in the morning.
Call for more information at: (573) 657-1299 after 4 pm or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cooper’s Landing maintains a family-friendly atmosphere. Cursing, loud music, nudity, drugs and excessive alcohol use are not permitted. All campers are required to sign a copy of the campground rules. You can save time by printing and signing the document before you arrive. (Click here for print-friendly version.)
- Firearms and fireworks are strictly forbidden on Cooper’s Landing property.
- Cars are not allowed in the campgrounds. Please park in designated parking areas only.
- Quiet time begins at 10 pm on weekdays and 11pm weekends.
- No public drunkenness, drug use, profanity or nudity is allowed. Disorderly conduct or violation of the rules will result in expulsion, and no refunds will be issued.
- No parties! Please do not invite friends to visit your campsite unless they are registered campsite guests or you obtain prior permission from management.
- We love dogs! But if you bring your pets with you, please keep them on leash at all times, and clean up after them. If your dog is disruptive or aggressive, you and your dog will be asked to leave.
- Restrict campfires to designated fire rings only. You must supply your own firewood. Please refrain from placing cans, bottles or trash in the fire rings.
- If you bring food or drinks with you, please keep them at your campsite; they may not be carried into the entertainment/dining area.
- Please recycle. We provide a convenient recycling area next to the Cooper’s Landing Store.
- Remove all your trash from your campsite when you leave the campground.
- Cooper’s Landing is not responsible for personal injury or damage to you or your property during your stay.